Warm Audio WA12-500 MKII
Many preamps on the market do a pretty good job in raising volume on microphones and instruments. Unfortunately, that's often all they can do. The sound of preamps today is often "super clean" and often makes the sound sound the same on the way out as it did on the way in.
BUT if you want your preamp to shape and enhance your signal, the WA12 MKII preamp is for you. The WA12 MKII is designed to transform instruments and vocals. If your mix lacks depth, and seems dead, or if you're just missing that professional touch you've always wanted, there's a very good chance that the WA12 MKII is the perfect preamp for you.
- Utilizes premium grade input and output usa cinemag transformers.
- Fully discrete design with a robust 71db of gain.
- Utilizes a discrete 6-pin socketed 1731 style opamp. Can be replaced with other 6-pin "2520 foot-print" opamps for varying tone/flavor.
- 20db pad.
- Tone button - switches the input impedance from 600 ohms to 150 ohms. Changes the tone of both the mic and hi-z inputs.
- Mic level balanced input: xlr.
- 2 meg ohm true hi-z input on front panel. Sends instrument signal through entire circuit including both cinemag transformers and discrete opamp. Great for guitars, bass, keyboards and other instruments that have a 1/4 output jack.
- Balanced outputs: xlr and 1/4/trs.
- 48 volt phantom power.
- Led meter gain indication.
- Output attenuation control (after the cinemag output transformer) allows for driving the preamp and transformers into saturation.
- Switchable 115/230 volt iec power inlet.